Thursday, November 12, 2009

Big Boy



Preston went on the potty tonight. He actually sat on the little potty for almost an hour. He was watching a video on my phone that I took of him riding a scooter at Toys R Us. He kept saying "wanna bring home". Originally I had told him he had to ask Santa for that. I blurted out that if he went on the potty we would bring home the scooter...I kid you not, it was within a minute and he went!! So, I'm eating my words now. Brad said "couldn't you have promised a candy bar or something?" Well, I have tried everything to bribe him and it doesn't work. I really didn't think before I opened my mouth so here we are.
So tonight we made his crib into a toddler bed and of course made a HUGE deal about him going. He had to wait up for Brad to get home so he could show him! So, Brad is upstairs laying down with him, hoping he'll go to sleep. It's just been a big fun party tonight. He was so happy and kept saying "YES! I did it!" Super cute. He will not stay in his bed, I'm sure of that. He's never slept with a pillow before either. We gave him one of our pillows and tucked him in. It's pretty cute.
I really have tried so many times and he'll just sit and sit on that potty and then as soon as I put the diaper back on, he would go in the diaper.
Well, tonight he finally went in the potty! THEN about 20 minutes later he ran over to the potty and went again, all by himself! He kept jumping up and down again saying "YES! I did it!" Do I think he totally trained? Probably not. But, this is a big start and we're so proud of him! Yes! He did it!

4 comments:

GaGa said...

AND THE BIG BOY IS GETTING HIS SCOOTER. POTTY TRAINING IS HUGE FOR A LITTLE BOY. HE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE PEEPEE FOR A CANDY BAR. HE GETS CANDY EVERY DAY.

Unknown said...

Haha, I love it! That is so exciting! At least you didn't offer him a trip to Hawaii or something!

Jaimee said...

That's awesome! The scooter story reminds me of Easter last year. In February, we were at Walmart and Allayna wouldn't get off a bike she was trying out. Finally I told her the Easter bunny would bring her the bike if she got off. I thought she'd forget, but for two months she kept bringing it up. So we got her the bike. Too bad she never wanted to ride it!

Tina said...

That is WONDERFUL!!! My three year old has the same issues. I can't wait to post about him going potty even though he stayed dry last night but didn't go in the potty this morning. *sigh* It will come. Congrats with Preston!!!