Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Brad






I just have to say that I have the best husband ever! I have really struggled this last week with being morning sick and achey and Brad is so good to clean up and do the dishes without even asking! I feel so bad that sometimes I can't do more! He has always been so good at doing this! I love him so much for that! I just can't wait until I feel like myself again!
I thought it would be fun to post some of our engagement pictures and tell you a little about us.
We met in 2004 just a few months after I returned from my mission in Washington DC. Brad interviewed me for my audition for the LDC choir at UVSC. I ran into a friend of mine at the audition that I hadn't seen in a while and it just so happened he was Brad's roommate! He proceeded to tell me after talking about Brad for a little bit that Brad would never date me because I was older than him. So, I kinda kept my distance for a while. But I was always watching him. One day a bunch of people from the choir (which I did make it into) were having some lunch. We started talking about relationships. Brad and I just happened to be in relationships that were going no where fast. For some reason I got this idea to make a deal with Brad that if neither of us had kissed our dates by a certain day that he and I should just make out. I honestly don't know why I said that because I wouldn't ever really do that! So, the day came around and neither of us had kissed our dates so I told him I would meet him at his place later that evening. So, I went over there and we talked for a long time. I was so in love with him that evening. I was able to tell Brad things I had never told anyone and I knew I could trust him. It took Brad a little longer to realize it was love but we never spent a day apart after that. We got engaged on December 23, 2004 and were married in the Salt Lake Temple on March 23, 2005. I'll have to tell our engagement story another time.
I love Brad so much and I'm so glad I didn't marry the other guy I was engaged to before I went on my mission!!! HA HA. Brad makes me so happy and he's such a great Dad! Preston adores him. He's definently a Daddy's boy!

4 comments:

Lolo said...

This is sweet. You and Brad really do look great together. I am glad you found a good one!
P.S. I am also glad you noticed your blanket! Caleb loves it... we all do. Hope you are feeling better?

Natalie Sue said...

This was such a fun post to read! I loved hearing a few more details from your end of things. And I chuckled when I read the part about how he would not date you cause you were older than him.. hee hee hee. I still remember when a bunch of us came to an LDC concert so we could check you out. We were thrilled to hear that you were older and that your hair was short...and what color are your eyes? Just shows that you fall in love with who you were meant to be with! You guys are such an awesome couple. I love the engagement pics. They are beautiful!

Shamaine said...

Cute store on how you met and started dating! That's interesting that it took Brad a little longer to realize how much he liked/loved you. It was the same for me when Dave and I started dating. You guys are a very cute couple and I hope you get feeling better.

Jeff said...

Who the heck was that stupid friend? What an idiot!