Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Potty trainin' and talkin'


Well...I decided it was time to start potty training. I think it's gonna be a while. He's not three yet...I guess that's the average age for a boy. He's gone in the potty only because I know when and where he goes to the bathroom. He usually goes into the pantry and shuts the door so every time he does that I RUN! We've made it twice to the toilet. He won't tell me when he has to go. Not a bad start, I guess.
Preston is talking so much lately. A few cute things he's said:
About a month ago I was trying to get the stroller over a curb and I said "geez" because I couldn't get over the curb. Now every time we hit a bump in the car he says "geez!" Then yesterday we hit a bump and he said it then we hit another bump and he said "a na na geez!" Meaning "another geez"
Lately he loves to fall down on purpose and say "whoopsie". Well he started saying "Whoopsie! Me OK" But I started to correct him and now he says "Whoopsie! I'm OK"
He blames everything on Hannah lately. How do they learn that at such a young age? Ha ha. Well, Preston had a bowl of popcorn and he backed up into it and spilled it and started freaking out saying "Momma! Hannah! Pacorn!" Hannah was in bed. Enough said.
I love the way he says Elmo "Melmo"
One day we were out playing in the hose and I had just turned it off and he came up to me and said "A wa wa boke" meaning "The water broke."
He repeats a lot now. It's so cute.

4 comments:

Great Scott's! said...

Awwww so cute! Paige says "melmo" too. I love it so much! Good luck with that potty thing. love and miss you guys.

Tara said...

That's so cute! Good luck with the potty training - I am (knock on wood) at the tail end of it with Hayden.

The Miller Family said...

Love Preston. You are so funny. I can totally picture you running into the pantry...ha! Look at everything you are doing--bows, photography...wow!! You are amazing

Anneke said...

Good luck! I've been resisting potty training with David. I think he's ready...I'm just not prepared for what I presume will be a LOT of work and many messes. He's been using the potty seat on our toilet a couple times each day for a couple months now. He gets stickers every time he goes potty and I put them in his "potty book," which is really just a little spiral notebook. But, he never tells me either. I rushed him to the toilet the other day while he was in the midst of a grunt, but I was too late.