Sunday, September 27, 2009

Busy



I haven't blogged in a while. Maybe because I just don't want to bore anyone with my bow stories. Hairbows have consumed my life lately. Every day at nap time, I make bows. As soon as the kids go to bed, I make bows. I don't do it much when they are awake because they just want to "help" me. It doesn't work out very well. I have nearly 300 bows right now and I'm still going. I'm really nervous about this craft show. It's just a mind game of "what if no one likes what I've made?? What if there are so many other bow booths that I just drown? What if I've wasted money doing all of this. But, I've never done this before. I just don't know what to expect. If anything, it'll be a good experience, I suppose. Brad has been so supportive and encourages me and assures me that if I want Hannah to wear what I make, then other people will like them too. I have three more weeks. I'm not going to buy anything else, I'm just going to use what I have. We'll see how it goes. I've also been trying to make Preston and Hannah's Halloween costumes in between all of it. They are going to be Pebbles and Bam Bam this year. I think it'll be really cute if I can get the costumes done!
Other than that Brad has been busy with school. I don't know if I mentioned this in any other posts but Brad is in the top 50 in his class, which I think is a major accomplishment! Good for residencies too.
Hannah is growing up super fast and has taken some steps but she's not quite walking yet. She walks on her tippy toes, which makes it hard to balance. She loves to shake her head and dance. She takes a pretty good beating from Preston. She's gonna be a tough girl.
Preston has started talking soooo much more. It's nice that I can understand what he's wanting now. He says such cute things. Brad loves when he says "I did it!" He jumps up and down when he says it. He's started reading books to us and it is so cute. He loves to read these little Winnie the Pooh books. Obviously he's not really reading them but he knows them by heart. He also loves to read "Five little Pumpkins" and he's reading "5 little Monkeys" with Brad right now. He says the "no more monkeys part" He just has the cutest little voice. I got some video of him reading the Pooh books. I tried to post them but it didn't work. I'll try to do it on YouTube tonight. That's about all that's going on right now.

This picture was just so cute of Hannah chilling, eating some popcorn which is a favorite.

The loves of my life. Aren't they cute? Love 'em all!

5 comments:

BB said...

WOW! That's a lot of bows! I've made some for Audrey, and I can't imagine making 300! And the ones I've seen are SUPER cute! Way cuter than Audrey's. I hope the craft show goes really well for you. You've really got talent!

Uffens Family said...

You are so talented! People are going to buy them like hot cakes! I love them! and I will come to the craft show! :) Enjoy Brad's days off this week!!!

Thomas Family said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well. I have been thinking about you and wondering what you are up too. Love ya!

Shamaine said...

You have been busy, those bows look SO cute! I'd buy one if Hayden was a girl. I don't think Dave would let me put a bow on him. :) Your kids are really cute. I look forward to watching that video.

Amber(怡文) said...

I really need to say that the bows you make are really pretty. Keep up your good work! I think the ladybug and micky mouse ones are really special and cute.