Friday, July 11, 2008

We made it!

Well, we are in our new home...so weird but so fun! Our parents drove down with us as well as Brad's brother, David. It was a fairly pleasant trip...Preston is such a good traveler. It was SOOO hot and humid when we got here. We got the truck unloaded and everyone was just dripping in sweat and very stinky.
The only downfall was this morning we woke up and the moving truck (that my parents were driving back to Utah) had been towed. Apparently we weren't allowed to park in a red zone in front of our garage...whoopsie. 385 dollars later we got it back. Yeah, you read that correctly...THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS! What a rip. We're trying to just forget about it and go on.
Preston is really enjoying having more space to crawl around and explore! He is unstoppable that kid! We'll write more later. Just trying to get settled.

5 comments:

Jaimee said...

I'm glad you guys made it! That stinks about that towing fee! That is such a rip off! I hate towing companies. We need to get your address. We loved the pictures you took! You were able to get some expressions Allayna uses that I haven't been able to capture. thank you, thank you!!

Natalie Sue said...

You made it! Exciting! But I can't believe the towing was so much money! That's crazy....have so much fun getting settled! Good luck!

Stacey said...

I never got to give you your gift you left so fast. I am glad i found your blog though. Preston is so cute and can't wait to see what your little girl is going to look like.

Brooke said...

I'm so glad you made it safely. I also can't believe you had to fork over that much money for your truck. Wow.
I got an Insight magazine today on my door knob. There was an article all about Preston!

.. said...

Congrats Jen! Hope you're enjoying your new home! I'm sure you are busy unpacking and making it home! When you get time take photos! Love ya! Kayla