Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life with a newborn and toddler

So far today has been a funny day. Preston was mad because I was feeding Hannah and not paying attention to him as much. So he threw his glasses and then his binkie. I kept trying to tell him to get a toy or a book or something to distract him. He then went over and dumped out his yogurt treats and then starting pulling out the magazines and books and proceeded to the DVD's. I finally finished feeding Hannah and set her down and I started to smell a dirty diaper. At first I thought it was Hannah and so I changed her. Then I realized it was Preston. I look over and it's leaking out onto his legs. So, as I'm changing him (which is always a difficult task because he tries to get away from me) Hannah lets out this loud burp. What I thought was a burp turned out to be a HUGE spit up. I finally got Preston down for a nap and got Hannah cleaned up and had a minute to sit down and breathe. I had to just sit and laugh.

Here he is at work, believe me, it looked worse than this when he was done!

2 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Ohhh.. I know it. Sounds like a typical scenario at our house too! Messes, spit up, and poop. There sure is a lot of that stuff with two little ones, huh! And it all seems to happen at the same time! Good thing they are super cute and super worth it! And yours are absolutel adorable!!

Michaelangelo said...

I had a day like that today! Hope it gets better for both of us :)