Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yahoo!!!!

FINALLY! We have the internet! I will be better at posting now. I felt so out of touch without it.
I have to complain a little bit. We have had the hardest time finding a good pediatrician here. We like the doctor we have right now but the office staff is so rude and the nurses are kinda yucky. When I took Hannah in for her visit yesterday there were a few nurses sitting outside smoking. When Hannah got called back it was one of those nurses that helped us. She was not only a smoker but she had a tongue ring and a nose ring. OK, maybe not THAT big of a deal but I think if you're going to be in a profession like that you should look a little cleaner and especially not be a smoker when you are taking care of kids. I don't get it. I was SOOO missing our Dr and his nurse in Utah. We loved them. I missed them so much I actually called Mindy, our Utah doctor's nurse, and told her how much we appreciated them. I promised her I would call when we had the baby and she was so glad for the chat. THAT'S the kind of health care I love...we had a personal relationship with her. Anyway, that's my complaining for the day.
Hannah is eating and growing. She's 6 lbs now. When we left the hospital she weighed 5 lbs 6 oz. She lost a little while in the hospital. Mostly because we couldn't get her to nurse, I think. I gave up on nursing. Some people might think that's awful but I really gave it my all and she just wouldn't do it. I decided to not stress myself out anymore and just give her formula. Some would also say I should pump milk for her...well...I did that for 8.5 months with Preston and I just don't think I can do it again. With two kids?? I think not. It's too much of a commitment and I think I would be way too stressed out that I wasn't doing it enough for her. I just can't do it. She'll be just fine on formula, I think.
All is well. Preston misses seeing his Daddy so much but he's adjusting. He has had so many "firsts" since we got here. He can walk, he's eating new things, drinking from a straw and many more. He's growing up so fast. We just love our kids! And I just love being a mom!

4 comments:

Carey Johnson said...

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have a baby that wont latch. Skylar does real well at breastfeeding but once in a while he wont do it so good and it is so hard to put up with it. You've just got to do what you've got to do for you and the baby. So no judging from this end of the world. It seems like when you have a baby everybody knows the absolutes that "must" be done. It gets a little old. Glad that life is going well for you.

Natalie Sue said...

I bet you gave it your all! Some babies just don't nurse and it's okay! I know exactly what you mean. And I know that you made the best decision. There is no way that I could pump with two little ones. Been there, done that with one baby. So I agree, it would be too stressful. You want to spend your time on other things with your children. Hannah will be perfectly fine on formula. Jayden was fine on formula and very, very, healthy. So it is not awful. Some babies just don't nurse.
That's crazy about your pediatricians office! I would be so bugged to have smokers as my nurses. For one, they are in the healthcare industry, and two, they are around children all day, and it's no secret how bad secondhand smoke is for them. Good luck on finding a new one. That's important stuff!
Well, happy for you that you have the internet! I'd go crazy without it too. So what a great thing!

Shamaine said...

Thanks for the comment. :) I am excited to move. We probably won't have the internet for a while either. I am really going to miss it like you did. :) I also hope things go will with your pediatrician or finding a new one.

Homer Hoodlums said...

Hey Jen! Rachael here! Your daughter is SO stinkin cute!! I just have to say, don't feel bad about formula feeding at all! Both my kids have pretty much had formula since day one, and they are doing so great! No worries. Sure do miss you and Brad!!