Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I've been reading all my friends blogs and their stories about Motherhood. Thought I'd add my thoughts. It's still so weird to actually be a Mom now and celebrating Mother's Day takes on a whole new meaning. I absolutely LOVE being a Mom! I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm so glad I'm able to stay home with my little pal and not have to work. I sure love that little peanut!
Brad made me pancakes for breakfast this morning and he and Preston gave me gifts. Brad got me one of those Willow Tree figurines of a mom and dad holding their little baby and it is perfect! He also got me glass mixing bowls which I've been wanting and an apple slicer (I eat a lot of apples). We went to see our moms too and we really appreciate them and all they do for us.
I love hearing the primary kids sing to their moms. It makes me tear up everytime. I can't wait until Preston can sing! I also can't wait to meet my little girl! I already have so much love for her...except for the fact that she makes me sick all the time! LOL!

2 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I also think it is so special to be pregnant on Mother's Day. I dunno, it's just something about expecting a new little creation that makes it even more meaningful. Oh and I agree. I can't wait until our own kiddos can stand up and sing their primary songs to us. I'm going to be a basket case then, since I already cry now!

Tiffany said...

That's so true, staying home with the little ones is the best job ever. I hope Preston feels better soon.