Thursday, May 29, 2008

My day...

Today has been an interesting one. I woke up to a phone call from the doctor's office saying I have gestational diabetes. First they want me to cut out salt (because I'll retain more water if I eat a lot) now diabetes. Can't eat much, I guess. It's upset me quite a bit because I've been reading that diabetes doubles my chance of getting preeclampsia, which is what I got with Preston that made him come so early. I meet with a dietician next week to plan my diabetic diet and I also meet with perinatalogy. Hopefully things go well.
Then tonight I went to go somewhere and the car wouldn't start. Could my day get any better?? :)

2 comments:

Carey Johnson said...

You can do it Jen! Hang in there and things have got to get better. Love, Carey.

Jaimee said...

I'm so sorry! You have enough stress as it is without having to follow a strict diet. And one of the things I hate most in life is paying to get stupid cars fixed. I really hope it's a minor problem and that your day gets better! Let us know if you need anything! Jeff loves working on cars and such.