Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Holding my dear ones a little tighter

So it ends up Preston did have an ear infection. We took him to the doctor yesterday and they prescribed an antibiotic for the poor little guy and told us to give him Tylenol and Motrin. He was so grumpy yesterday and I got so frustrated...I just didn't know what to do with him to make him happy. I told Brad just to put him to bed. He had put him in some warm jammies and I told him just before he put him down to just put him in a onesie because he had been running a fever, so he did. A few hours later Brad and I were getting ready for bed and I heard him start to cry. I jumped up to go get him and give him some medicine because he was overdue for some, I just didn't want to wake him. When I got in there he was seizing. I yelled for Brad and Brad picked him up and held him and I called 911. I was so upset I don't even know what I was saying on the phone. It just didn't seem real! She was asking me so many questions and I was getting frustrated and just wanted someone to come help. It seemed like the seizure lasted forever! He finally stopped and the paramedics were here so quickly. They checked him all out and he was OK, besides being really agitated and tired. His fever had gotten too high which is what caused the seizure. I have honestly never been so scared in my life! All I could think about was that I was going to lose my poor baby!!! Brad remained calm and just kept talking to Preston. I was running around like a crazy lady. This all happend around 12:30 a.m. and I am so glad we were still awake to even hear him. I don't think I would've heard him had we been in bed. He is OK today. He is still really tired. I didn't sleep a wink. I would start to dose and jump up thinking it was happening again. I had Brad give Preston and I a blessing. It was the only thing I thought would calm me. I felt a lot better but didn't sleep until this morning. After the blessing all I could think about was Preston's little 1 pound body and I knew he's supposed to be here for a reason and that everything was going to be OK.

10 comments:

Carey Johnson said...

Oh that is so awful. I am so glad that everything turned out ok. Hang in there!

Carly said...

Oh my goodness Jenny. I am so sorry you had to go through that. What a scare! Hope Preston gets back to his cute little self soon.

Natalie Sue said...

Oh my goodness. That is so scary! SO scary. I'm terrified of anything happening to my little ones, so I can only imagine how frightening that was. Wow. I'm glad that he is okay. I hope he gets feeling better really soon! Thank goodness for priesthood, husbands, and blessings!

Brooke said...

Oh man, that's scary. It's moments like that that make you so grateful that your husband was there to help you. I'm so glad little Preston is okay.

Tina said...

Wow Jenny, I can't even imagine what you must have gone through. Aren't we so lucky to be a part of a church that brings so much happiness, peace and comfort especially at trying times in our lives? I'm glad to hear that he is doing better. Hang in there and continue to remember how special your little guy is to your family!!!

The Rasmussen's said...

Jenny I am so sorry! That is a scary thing. I remember hearing stuff last night as I was up feeding Zeke. Please, please let me know if you need any help or anything. My parents will be her tomorrow night once the boys go back to school if you need some help with Hannah or something. Don't hesitate to call and someone will be over to help!

Jaimee said...

I'm so glad everything is okay! That would be sooo scary. He is such a tough little guy! He is definitely meant to be here in you little family.

Ker said...

Jen, I'm so glad that everything's okay! I think all moms have a fear of something happening to their babies! (And they will always be our babies, no matter how old they are)

Tiffany said...

Oh, that is so scary. Just thinking about that almost makes me cry. I'm glad he is ok, and that it was because of the fever and not something else. Thank goodness for blessings! He's definitely here for a reason, he's been through so much in his little life already!

Elena said...

That is a very scary thing to go through. I'm so glad Preston is doing better. Your post brought tears to my eyes. It's so nice to have prieshood holders in our homes. I hope Preston gets better very soon!