Sunday, October 26, 2008

My poor Daddy!!!

Today I was on the phone with my mom just having a little chat when I hear this loud crash, followed by a really loud yell. Then all I heard was everyone screaming and the dog barking a lot, then I got disconnected. I was scared to death!!!!! My dad was up on his ladder painting in their entry way that is two stories high. He was at the very top of the ladder all the way up the two stories when he fell. He was still talking and mentally OK but my Sister in Law said his leg looked pretty bad. He really jacked up his leg and is in a lot of pain. They called 911 and they gave him some morphine and checked him all out. He got x-rays and he broke his femur way up high by his hip. He was covered in paint and so was everything else in the house. So, he had paint in his eyes etc. Anyway, they have to do surgery tomorrow and put a pin in his leg. So, he'll be out for a while. I'm glad he's OK and didn't fall on his head or anything. I just feel so bad for him!! That's gotta hurt! I was so glad that my brother, Sam and his wife were there to help! They got the paint cleaned up at the house with some ward members. I was supposed to go to Utah next week during Brad's exams but I'm thinking about leaving earlier to help out. My mom doesn't drive right now so I think they could use it. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh how sad!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Your poor Dad! I really want to see you when you come up if you aren't too busy.

Natalie Sue said...

Oh my goodness... how scary! I hope he heals quickly and is not in a lot of pain. Glad he didn't get hurt worse!