Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just one of those days

Today is one of those days I just looooooove being a Mom! It all began this morning when Preston WOKE UP fussy. Which is always the sign of a good day! He just didn't know what he wanted to eat or what he wanted to do. So, I took them for a walk. That is always good for everyone involved. Then Hannah was fussy. I was trying to calm her down and I looked over and Preston had something in his hand, squishing it...yea it was poo. I washed his hands and changed him and looked over to see that he had rubbed it into the carpet! Ya, fun! So, I got him down for a nap and FINALLY got Hannah to take a nap. She needs some assistance getting to sleep most of the time. Hopped in the shower. On my way out of the shower I pulled the curtain back and the whole rod and curtain fell on me and the rod had broken, so I need to get a new one. My peace and quiet didn't last long enough. I was on the phone with my Mom telling her all the fun things that were happening today and I noticed Preston had a rash. So, I kind of panicked because I thought he might be allergic to the anitbiotic that he had gotten for his ear infection. So, I called the doctor and they said to bring him in right away. Preston was so tired and crabby that I decided to leave Hannah with a neighbor so I could give him all my attention. I took him in and the doctor checked him over (we saw the nurse practitioner last time who told us he had an ear infection) and told me she didn't think it was an ear infection because his ears looked fine. She said it was Roseola, which is a virus that causes a high fever and then a couple days later a rash. She said he would be irritable because he won't feel good. But, the fever has broken so he's on the downslide....thank goodness! The poor guy has been pretty sad. ANYWAY...it was Brad's first day back at school, of course it would be a crazy day at home...why wouldn't it? HA HA HA HA! Gotta laugh at these things. I hope Preston is back to his normal self again soon.
This is the first time our Doctor had seen Preston. She's seen Hannah before and I told her about Preston. She is AMAZED at how well he's doing for being so early. She said she's never seen a 24 weeker doing so well at this age. She loved Preston and his glasses...who wouldn't? I do love my kids but sometimes I could do without days like today!!! :)

3 comments:

Jaimee said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your two little rugrats sleep all night and you get some much needed rest! Sometimes it's hard to laugh at the end of days like this. I really hope tomorrow is a different story.

Stacey said...

I guess it is days like that that make you love the good days even more. Andy got roseola last year I felt so bad for him. Hopefully Preston feels better soon.

Unknown said...

It's been awhile since I've checked your blog! My heart just stopped when I read your last entry! (on the 14th). You and Brad are both amazing people and I'm so glad that Preston is ok! 24 weeker - that has me in tears because we're 5 days away from the 24 week mark! He is definitely here for a reason!
When you guys get here in a couple of weeks around 11/3 we should absolutely meet up! Just give me a heads up a few days before you come out and we'll make more definite plans. Right now, I only plan a few days ahead...yea for pregnancy! :) It's good to hear from you and tell Brad hi!